Recipe: Healthy Vegan Waffles (no added sugar)
Are you looking for the best healthy vegan waffle recipe? Then, congratulations! You have just found it!
As a vegan nutritionist I am paying attention to really cook and bake with the healthiest and cleanest ingredients, while making the food taste amazing.
What I really like about this waffle recipe is, that it is has no added sugar and is naturally sweet. It is also high in fiber, compared to regular waffles and you don’t need many toppings as the waffle itself is also super tasty and soft. And it takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare these waffles. Perfect to surprise your loved ones on a Sunday morning.
Servings: 6-8 waffles (depending on your waffle iron
- 2 mashed bananas (try to puree them)
- 1 1/2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 cup plant milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanillin extract
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Frozen fruit
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat waffle iron
- Puree your bananas and add everything to a bowl. Mix properly and avoid clumps.
- Pour the waffle dough onto waffle iron and bake until the right consistency.
- Top with toppings of choice
For more recipes and vegan tips check out my Instagram.