Seeking Jess Vegan Nutrition Vegan Tips

The Vegan Diet: Best Nutrition Guide & Critical Nutrients

The Vegan Diet: Best Nutrition Guide & Critical Nutrients

Recently I have released two podcast episodes covering exactly this topic. As there is a lot of information covered in both episodes (#5 & #6), I decided that I am going to give you a small summary and share a few tips with you, so you can make sure you are getting all of the essential nutrients in your diet.

In case you would like to listen to the podcast episodes first, you can do so here (also available on iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher):

Generally, I always advocate for a whole food plant based diet, as I believe it to be the healthiest. A whole food plant based diet is made up of 5 main food groups which are: whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits and nuts & seeds.

I personally follow the 80-20 rule. This means that 80% of the time I eat a whole food plant based diet and the other 20% I like to indulge in vegan junk food like ice cream, pizza, burgers, etc.

If you are currently transitioning into veganism or you are already vegan, it is important to make regular blood checks. If it you are low on some nutrient, it is advised to work closely with your doctor or nutritionist. And in addition to that, work on an adequate meal plan and/or supplementation.

And now let’s have a look at the Nutrition Guide for a Vegan Diet and the list of nutrients that might be critical on a vegan/plant based diet and what to do:

Omega 3

Omega 3 on a vegan diet

Iron

iron on a vegan diet

Vitamin D

vitamin d on a vegan diet

Iodine

iodine on a vegan diet

B12

Calcium

B2

Selenium

I hope this information could help you in some kind of way. You can always reach out to me at any time if you need more help or advice. I love connecting with every single one of you.

With love,

Jess x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.