This vegan meal has been one of the yummiest I have ever made (my boyfriend approved). And the best thing about it? It is super quick and easy, and honestly doesn’t need a lot of cooking experience. I mean, who doesn’t love these kind of meals where you can just throw everything together?
In addition to that, it has some super healthy ingredients such as quinoa (which is high in fiber and protein) and beans (also high in protein and super nutrient dense).
Honestly, don’t miss out on this recipe! It is also great for bulk meals as it can be easily stored in the fridge for a few days.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cans canned diced tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of water
- 2 bell peppers (colours up to you)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Corn
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Broth
- Heat up some oil in a pot, add the red onion and let it cook for around 2-3 minutes
- Add the garlic and bell peppers and let cook for around 3-4 minutes
- Add all of the other ingredients, except for the lime, let it cook with the lid on for around 20-25 minutes, make sure to check regularly
- Add the lime and salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with some avocado and/or cherry tomatoes
Serve and enjoy!